Residence HALLS CLOSE FRIDAY, MAY 6, 2022 at 8 P.M.
If you’re planning to stay in your room for Friday, May 6, and/or Saturday, May 7, log in to your My Housing account in April and book your Late Stay. There is a one-night charge for the Saturday to Sunday stay only. The final check-out is at noon on Sunday, May 8.
We ask that students check out at the Service Center in your building or the primary Service Center in your community.
If you plan to check out after hours, express check-out envelopes will be available in the lobby of your building. Simply complete the envelope, seal your keys and any access cards (not your Spartan ID card) inside the envelope, and drop it in the outgoing mailbox located in the lobby. If you have lost your key, you must check out in person with the Service Center.
The following should be placed into a checkout envelope:
- Room key, bike room key, and/or bathroom key (if applicable)
- Loaner key and/or loaner access cards (if applicable)
Residence Hall ROOMS SHOULD BE LEFT CLEAN
- Take out all garbage and recycling
- Clean your room, bathroom and living space
- Check for items in drawers, medicine cabinet and bike room
- Lower blinds and close and lock windows
- Lock your door
- Return MSU-issued linen to your open Service Center
Before you check out, remember to:
- Set up mail forwarding in your My Housing account prior to checking out.
- Apartment residents must update their forwarding mail in My Housing and with USPS.
- Do a final walk-through of your room.
- Check drawers, closets, and bathrooms to ensure you don’t forget anything.
- Check the bike room, if applicable.
- Items left behind will be considered abandoned property.
- Residents are responsible for cleaning the room and returning it to its original condition prior to moving out.
- Take unwanted carpet, futons, or other furniture to the designated disposal areas in your residence hall.
- Disposal areas are located at or near back docks for the building; please follow directional signage to locate them.
- Green carts are available at your Service Center.
- Pick up any remaining packages and mail. We will be unable to forward packages to your new address.
- Return any Live On rental items (brooms, vacuums, etc.) to the service center.
LATE STAY REQUESTS
If you need to stay beyond Friday, May 6, you must complete a Late Stay Request Form in your My Housing account. Please note: Requests must be approved in order to stay late. Stays beyond May 6 are subject to the daily room charge unless students are staying for their own graduation ceremony.
On-campus dining plans end at 3:30 p.m. on Friday, May 6, and transition to credit card or Spartan Cash at the door. Students with an off-campus dining plan can continue to use meal accesses. For additional information, including open locations, please visit www.eatatstate.com
This semester, Pack up Pitch In will be collecting the following items. Donation bins will be located in your hall lobby.
- Clothing and shoes
- Household goods
- Non-perishable food items
- Unopened personal care items
All times will be taken to the MSU Surplus and Recycling center to be put back into the local community.
Learn More: liveon.msu.edu/PUPI
MSU partners with Two-Men-and-a-Truck for summer student storage. Visit: twomenandatruck.com/student-storage for more information