Students can request summer 2021 housing in their My Housing account beginning on Monday, April 5. We will be providing summer residents with housing and dining in Holden Hall. With planned construction projects on campus and health and safety concerns due to COVID-19 through the summer, students will be offered their own room in a suite-style hall.
Students in who reside in the residence halls for the summer must continue to follow the MSU Community Compact.
SUMMER HOUSING TERM DATES
SUMMER TERM ONE
May 4 – July 1
SUMMER TERM TWO
July 2 - August 19
Following August 19, students living on-campus for fall 2021 will move into their fall semester assignment or their off-campus housing. Students living in Owen Hall for fall 2021 will be housed there and will receive specific communication about housing soon.
SUMMER HOUSING OFFER
We are pleased to extend current students an offer to live on-campus free of housing charges for summer 2021, with the purchase of a summer dining plan. To be eligible for this offer you must purchase an unlimited summer dining plan and have a:
- Spring 2021 housing contract
- Spring 2021 unlimited dining plan
- Fall 2021 housing contract
- Fall 2021 unlimited dining plan
Summer 2021 Housing Rates
The rates listed below are for each summer semester. Students staying both Summer A and B will pay each term.
- Holden Room Rate $951
- Owen Permanent Single Rate $1343
- Owen Designated Single Rate $1602
- Summer Unlimited Dining Plan $1352
TRAVEL AFFECTED BY COVID-19
Students who cannot return home due to extenuating circumstances related to the COVID-19 pandemic: we will continue to provide housing to those that need it during this unprecedented time. Please complete the summer housing request form in your My Housing account and indicate if you are interested in housing, as well as the dining plan. We will contact you to discuss your specific situation.
COVID-19 EARLY DETECTION PROGRAM REQUIREMENT
Participation in the COVID-19 Early Detection Program (Spartan Spit) is mandatory for all on-campus residents this summer. You will submit a weekly saliva sample to remain compliant and not be subject to the student disciplinary process. If you were registered for spring semester, you will not need to re-register for summer; new residents must register at http://go.msu.edu/spartan-spit-register. Please note, the summer housing contract signed by those applying for summer housing includes the following language:
- I am agreeing to comply with all of Michigan State University’s COVID-19 directives, as they may change from time to time (including, without limitation, the university’s influenza vaccination directive); I am also agreeing to participate in the university’s COVID-19 medical surveillance and testing programs.
- I am giving my written consent to being tested for COVID-19 via collection of saliva, or nasal or throat swab, including, but not limited to, initial testing upon arrival and periodic testing as required and directed by Michigan State University.
AIR CONDITIONER REQUESTS
Air conditioners will be available to rent by request for the summer sessions for a one-time fee of $150. Students will not need a medical approval. Requests will be taken beginning May 4, through July 16. ACs will be installed within two business days of request, beginning May 6. Students approved for summer housing will receive request instructions via email with their summer housing assignment.
This dining hall open for summer will be in Holden Hall. Sparty's in Holden, Owen and the MSU Union also will be open. See a full list of open locations and hours on the Eat at State website.