Pack Up. Pitch In. is a division-wide effort to reduce residence hall waste during move-in and move-out periods. By increasing the visibility and capacity of recycling options at busy times of year, Pack Up. Pitch In. diverts a large amount of materials from landfills. We encourage students to pack up undesirable dorm room items and turn them into valuable resources.
Move Out 2022
The end of the year is the perfect time to pack up, pitch in, and help out! Before you throw items away, please take a moment to donate and recycle what you can.
Pack Up. Pitch In. for the 2022 spring semester will begin April 11 and run through May 11.
Designated donation and recycling stations will be placed in your residence halls and neighborhoods.
- Nonperishable Food - Canned goods and sealed boxed items
- Household Items - Hangers, storage bins, plasticware, dishes, lamps, mirrors
- Electronics - Battery-powered or corded
- Clothing and shoes - Grab a clear bag from the service center to place items in before donating.
- Large items - Futons, bikes, carpets - Rubberbands will be available at the service center to hold the rolled carpet
- All paper
- Plastics #1 & #2
- Metal Cans
- Cardboard - remove packing materials
Need More Information?