The Spartan Compass program offers residential programming and engagement for first-year students that encourages inclusive community building and student success. The emphasis on connectivity and support within the first-year student community assists in adapting to life at MSU and the unique transitions that each new college student faces.
Our goal is to encourage the building of strong relationships, help students find their niche on campus and guide students to start discovering their identity as a member of our diverse Spartan family.
• Signature events tailored to the needs and interests of first-year students
• Resident assistants (RAs) focused on relationship building, engagement and individual support
• Full-time staff available to support students in meaning-making and sense of belonging at MSU
• Promotion of and connection to student organizations and leadership opportunities
• Opportunities to learn about themselves, others, and work across difference
• Access to a one-credit seminar to help introduce students to MSU, campus resources and student success strategies
• Spartan connections and MSU traditions throughout the year
Spartan Compass Residence Directors