As we near the end of this semester, we want to give you a few reminders about what to do to prepare your living space for the winter break. While you do not need to move out of your room, you do need to leave the space in a safe and sanitary condition.
- Prior to vacating your living space for the semester break, you must:
- Close all windows completely
- Shut all window blinds
- Remove perishable food items
- Take out your trash and recycling to prevent pests
- Lock your door
- Leave your heat on – do not turn it off
- If you are not returning for spring semester, you must complete a vacate form found at My Housing
These steps must be completed and you must be out of your room by 8:00 p.m. on Friday, December 14. If you need to stay an extra day or two or if you need to move back in to your room a day or two early in January, go to My Housing to fill out a late stay or early arrival form.
Please note that we will be entering your rooms during winter break. You will want to make sure your room is in accordance with the policy at the time of your departure.
If you have any questions, please see the Resident Assistant on your floor.