Make the Most of Your On-campus Resources

Engagement Centers

Looking for a Zumba class? We have got you covered. Need some tutoring with your math class? Look no further. Start your semester off on the right foot, academically and socially, with some help from the MSU Engagement Centers. Located in every neighborhood, engagement centers provide academic advising, career counseling, tutoring sessions, health and wellness clinics, fitness classes, and intercultural support groups. The best part is, these services are free to students!

Olin Health Center

Unable to make it home to see your primary care physician? No problem. Olin Health Center is home to primary care, psychiatry, allergy/immunizations, sports medicine and health education services. Laboratory, radiology, pharmacy and physical therapy are also located at Olin. As an MSU student, you get three free visits per academic year.

Counseling and Psychiatric Services

Transitioning to college can be challenging at times. Whether it’s leaving home for the first time, missing family and friends, or a heavy course load, Counseling and Psychiatric Services is always a short walk or bus ride away if you ever need someone to talk to. They also have a 24/7 app that connects students to counseling support.

The MSU Library

The MSU Library is a great spot for quiet study and academic assistance. Positioned throughout the library, there are help rooms and learning centers filled with capable teaching assistants and grad students ready to answer questions when your professor might not be available. A staff of experienced librarians can help you find whatever you’re looking for. 

Recreational Sports and Fitness Services

Looking for a great way to stay in shape and meet some new friends? IM sports and clubs offer plenty of opportunities to keep you physically and socially engaged during your time on campus. From running clubs to water polo to soccer, MSU Recreational Sports and Fitness Services has it all.

Eat at State

No matter where you live, work, study or play, there’s always a residential dining hall nearby. Offering an array of options and unlimited breakfast, lunch, dinner, and late-night, you’ll never go hungry on campus. There’s even the option of takeout for those quick snack breaks between classes!

Gender and Sexuality Campus Center

The Gender and Sexuality Campus Center (GSCC)  is dedicated to leading and collaborating on university-wide initiatives that prepare students to thrive in our diverse world, and enhancing the campus climate and support services for students marginalized by their sexuality or gender.

Office of Cultural and Academic Transitions

The Office of Cultural and Academic Transitions (OCAT) constructs supportive cultural, social and educational communities that actively involve students in learning.  OCAT supports individual students in their navigation of cross-cultural encounters, and in their own understanding, exploration and development of cultural identity.

Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities (RCPD)

RCPD assists students, faculty and staff by maximizing ability and opportunity for full participation at MSU. If you are a current or future student, and you have a disability or medical condition that impacts your academics, housing, transportation or other areas, you can contact RCPD and may be eligible to receive accommodations.

Office for International Students and Scholars (OISS)

OISS serves as a great resource for international students, connecting them with student groups and events to help make the most of their experience in the United States. This international resource provides students with a wide range of assistance, including applying for jobs and driver’s licenses.


Have Questions? 
We have answers

Contact Us

Need Police Assistance?

Non-Emergency Line: (517) 355-2221 | Emergency: Call 911 | Visit the MSU Police Website