All residents that are not planning to remain on campus during winter break must be out of residence halls by 8 p.m. on Friday, December 16.
Winter Break Late Stay & Early Arrival Requests
Some students may not want to live on campus for the entire winter break but would prefer to stay a day or two late or arrive a day or two early. If this describes your situation, log into your My Housing account and select a late stay or early arrival. Costs are as follows:
- Staying until Saturday, December 17 – there will be no extra charge to your student account
- Staying until Sunday, December 18 – there will be a one-night charge to your student account
- Arriving Saturday, January 7 – there will be no extra charge to your student account
- Arriving Friday, January 6 – there will be a one-night charge to your student account
Winter Break Housing and Dining
Students who want to stay in their residence hall room over winter break can now apply for winter break housing in My Housing by selecting “Book Fall 2022 Winter Break Stay.
The winter break housing contract runs from Saturday, December 17, through Saturday, January 7. Students staying on campus for the entire break or even just part of the break will pay a flat fee of $315 for housing and dining.
The dining plan includes 34 meal accesses to Brody Square, 1855 Starbucks, Sparty's Market at 1855 Place and Sparty's in Owen Hall. Dining hours will be posted at eatatstate.com.
Preparing Your Space for Winter Break
If you are leaving campus for winter break, we ask prior to vacating your living space for winter break, please:
- Take out all garbage and recycling; discard of or take perishable foods with you.
- Don’t forget your IDs, medications and other everyday necessities.
- Lower blinds, and close and lock windows. First floor residents, please put bar in window.
- Unplug nonessential electronics (do not unplug your fridge unless you clean it out).
- Clean your room/bathroom/living space.
- Leave your heat on — do not turn it off.
- Lock your door.
Pack Up. Pitch In.
Clothing/shoes, books, household goods, electronics, furniture and non-perishable food items
are accepted. Donation bins are located in residence hall lobbies.
Leaving after Fall 2022?
If you will be graduating in fall 2022, participating in a study abroad program, have an internship, are transferring to another university, or are not returning to MSU for the spring semester, please notify the Housing Assignments Office. To notify us, please log in to your My Housing account and click “Apply for Fall Move-Out” under My Links.
Please note that you will be asked to provide supporting documentation if you are participating in an internship or study abroad program. If you are planning to not return to MSU for the spring semester, you will need to dis-enroll from all spring classes.
The status of your request will be sent to your MSU email account.
Students with an approved vacate request for the spring semester must check out of the residence halls by 8 p.m. on Friday, December 16, at their Service Center desk.