Training and Development Graduate Assistantship
The Graduate Assistant (GA) for Training and Development’s primary function is a half-time assistantship within REHS, reporting to the Training Program Developer for REHS. This position’s responsibilities are to support and assist the Training Program Developer with a variety of functions of departmental training and learning opportunities, including creation and review of materials, maintenance of departmental learning and development website, development and distribution of e-learning modules, accessibility and access analysis, data analysis, and program evaluation.
Residence Education and Housing Services team members are committed to providing exceptional and equitable community experiences, one connection at a time. Our values being 1.) Exceptionality: We will work collaboratively within our diverse community to go above and beyond through open and honest communication, continuous learning, and innovation. 2.) Equity: We will embrace diversity and practice a culture of inclusion and advocacy, so that every Spartan is appreciated and valued. 3.) Community: We will engage Spartans in safe, inclusive, and responsible living and learning environments that encourage personal and academic success. 4.) Connection: We will provide services, recognition, and care to every Spartan, every time.
- Collaborate and communicate with team members, units and programs within REHS to review/enhance current, or create new training methods, materials and practices
- Research best practices for providing training and implementing adult learning practices into the workplace
- Develop effective and measurable e-learning modules
- Review current materials to improve accessibility and access
- Assist with preparing engaging presentations, reports, and learning opportunities using a variety of softwares and resources
- Assist with the maintenance and development of departmental learning and development website stored in SharePoint
- Assist in the creation of alternative training methods (i.e. podcasts, microlearning, push notifications, gamification, etc.) to support ongoing learning and onboarding for the department
- Explore concept of microlearning within the workplace and identify areas to implement within department
- Other duties as assigned
Conditions of Employment
- A resume and cover letter are required as part of the application process
- The appointment is contingent upon a completed BA/BS and acceptance into a degree-granting graduate program at Michigan State University
- Preference will be given to candidates with strong training skills, prior experience or coursework in education, and familiarity with adult learning principles