Are the residence halls air conditioned?

Van Hoosen Hall, University Village Apartments and 1855 Place are air conditioned.

If you are assigned to any other on-campus housing location, we strongly suggest you bring a fan. Personal air conditioners are permitted for medical reasons only and require approval in advance. Requests are coordinated through the Housing Assignments Office, with final approval needed from the University Physician. To request an air conditioner, please complete the medical records authorization form with your medical provider contact information. 

If approved by the University Physician’s Office, air-conditioning units are provided by your neighborhood facilities departments.  Installation is completed by a MSU-authorized maintenance personnel. 

For more information, please contact the Housing Assignments Office at by email at or by phone at 517-884-5483.