Timeline: Resident Assistant Positions for 2017-18
October 10: Application will go online (Scroll down for How to Apply instructions)
Information Sessions - feel free to attend any of these sessions:
|Tuesday, November 1||8:30 p.m. 137 Akers Hall|
|Wednesday, November 2||8:30 p.m. C100 Wonders Kiva|
|Thursday, November 3||8:30 p.m. C204 Snyder Hall|
|Friday, November 4||3:30 p.m. N21 Business Complex|
|Monday, November 7||7:00 p.m. McDonel Kiva|
|Tuesday, November 8||7:00 p.m. C1 Wilson Hall|
|Wednesday, November 9||7:00 p.m. 137 Akers Hall|
Thursday, November 10
|7:00 p.m. 112 Brody Aud
7:00 p.m. 115 International Center
|Friday, November 11||3:30 p.m. C204 Snyder Hall|
|Monday, November 14||8:30 p.m. 175 Brody|
December 2: Application due by midnight. The application must be complete and submitted, and resume uploaded to be considered.
January 4: Important Email! Selection Weekend invitations will be emailed to the email address you listed in your application. If you do not receive an email on January 4, email firstname.lastname@example.org by January 5!
January 5: If you did not receive an email regarding your eligibility on January 4, first check your junk/spam mail! If you still did not recieve this, email rehsHR@rhs.msu.edu.
January 9: Eligible applicants sign up online for Interview time by midnight. You must sign up for an interview time by this date!
January 28-29: Selection Weekend HOLD THIS WEEKEND! You will be signing up to attend an interview session over this weekend. There will not be alternate interview dates scheduled. You must be able to attend in person.
February 17: Decisions out to candidates via email.
February 24: Candidates offered a position accept or decline by this date.
March 6-10: Spring Break
Week of March 20: RA Seminar Courses begin this week. If you are offered a position, or offered to be on the alternate list, you must sign up for one of the seminars. We will provide you with a variety of days/times to choose from.
August 13-25: Fall Training takes place on these dates (RA in halls move in August 12). All RAs must attend the entire training period.
How to Apply Instructions
1. Follow this link: http://msu.erezlife.com
2. Create an account:
Enter your name, PID (if an MSU Student), and email address.
You will receive an email asking you to log in within 24 hours to receive account details.
You will then receive another email with your log in info; follow instructions.
3. Enter your login info.
4. Once logged in, you will see a blue panel on the left.
5. Click on My Job Profile and compete the blank questions. (Please be sure to include the A when filling out your PID). Click Save when done.
6. Click on Job Profile Questions. Please fill out these questions; some are optional. Click save.
5. Next, Apply for the RA position by clicking on Job Postings; then click on Resident Assistant 2017-18.
6. Read the important information on this page. You will see a list of locations for the position; the number that you see is only an anticipated number at this point.
7. Click the Apply Now button. Fill out all of the information carefully. Note: once you submit, you will be able to go back in and change things up until the due date of December 2, 2016, midnight.
Submitting Resume (required)
9. Next, at the top of the screen, you will see a Supporting Docs button... click on that button.
Please name your resume: last name, first name: Doe, Jane
Choose one of the three options given to provide your resume; hit Save Resume; then Save.
10. Hit Submit…then read the important info on the page that comes up.
11. Click on the Check-box next to the statement "By checking off this item, I declare that I understand and agree to the following". If you have left something blank on your application or profile, it will not allow you to check. If this happens, be sure to go back and see what you may have left blank that was a required question.
12. After checking the box, click the “submit” button in the bottom right corner.
If you have questions, feel free to call Karen Stowell at 517-432-2503.
- Brody Neighborhood
- North Neighborhood
- East Neighborhood
- River Trail Neighborhood
- South Neighborhood
- Campus Life
- International Students
- Parents and Families
- Social Responsibility