MSU Resources | Counseling Center
Take advantage of your campus resources:
MSU counseling center
We know that college can be tough sometimes. Maybe it is the pressure of your courses, other times you simply miss your family. If you ever need someone to talk to, the counseling center is just a bus ride away, and ready to help.
The MSU Counseling Center serves as the central access point for students seeking mental health services on campus. They offer consultation, assessment, time-limited professional counseling, self-help resources and appropriate referrals to MSU students.
They offer student services in: individual and couples counseling, group counseling, psychological testing, substance abuse counseling, LGBTQ, sexual assault and psychiatric testing.
If you are having any issues with stress, depression, or relationship issues, come to the counseling center for help. Services are available to help students work through mental health issues and focus on personal and career goals to increase their motivation, performance and satisfaction with MSU.
How do I make an appointment?
- As an MSU student registered for one or more credits, you are eligible for an initial consultation. The Counseling Center uses a walk-in system (rather than scheduled appointments) for your initial visit.
- Walk-in hours are Monday and Tuesday from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm and Wednesday to Friday from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm. Students who are in a crisis/emergency are usually given first priority and are seen throughout our open business hours: Monday and Tuesday from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm and Wednesday – Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
On & off campus 24 hour emergency services:
- National suicide prevention (lifeline)
- MSU police department
- Emergency: 911
- Business line: 517-355-2221
- MSU Counseling center sexual Assault Program
- Community mental health
- MSU Safe Place (Domestic Violence Shelter)
- Crisis line: 517-355-1100
- Brody Neighborhood
- North Neighborhood
- East Neighborhood
- River Trail Neighborhood
- South Neighborhood
- Campus Life
- International Students
- Parents and Families
- Social Responsibility