Communuity Coordinator and Graduate Assistant Requirements
Requirements for Community Coordinator Applicants:
- Must be an Undergraduate or Graduate student enrolled in a degree granting program at Michigan State University.
- Must have at least a 2.75 cumulative MSU Grade Point Average and must be a full-time student.
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license at the time of the interview and access to reliable transportation at all times when on duty.
- Candidates must have a flexible schedule to include some daytime hours
- Availability to work 12 months
- Community Coordinators are expected to share in a 24 hour duty rotation 52 weeks a year and will share in coverage to include summer, winter, Thanksgiving, and spring break periods as well as Holidays and times when most of the University is closed.
- Community Coordinators will participate in a full week of training in May after Finals Week. Community Coordinators also participate in REHS Department training for 2 weeks prior to Fall Move In during August and also several days in January prior to the start of classes for Spring Semeste
Requirments for Graduate Assistant Applicants
- Applicants must have a completed bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants must apply to a MSU graduate program and complete all requirements for admission. MSU accepts online graduate school applications at http://admissions.msu.edu/graduate.asp.
- Applications for Graduate Assistant positions and for admission to graduate school are separate, however, applications should be submitted at the same time. Applicants are advised to check their graduate program for important deadlines.
- Typically, offers for Graduate Assistant positions are conditional and made prior to acceptance into a graduate program.
- Graduate Assistants must maintain a 3.0 grade point average throughout their appointment.
- All Graduate Assistants are responsible for the balance of their tuition and fees after all compensation and benefits are applied. For more information, visit the MSU Controller's web site.
NOTE: Some programs charge an additional fee that they add into the base MSU tuition rate. This fee is not covered by the assistantship.
Graduate Assistant Applicants must submit this information:
*Job Profile and Questions in eRezlife
*Provide one name and email address for one reference. The person you indicate will be sent an email asking them to upload a letter on your behalf. (If the reference does not submit their reference on time, we will still consider your application).
- Brody Neighborhood
- North Neighborhood
- East Neighborhood
- River Trail Neighborhood
- South Neighborhood
- Campus Life
- International Students
- Parents and Families
- Social Responsibility