Graduate Assistant Requirements
Requirments for Graduate Assistant Applicants
- Applicants must have a completed bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants must apply to a MSU graduate program and complete all requirements for admission. MSU accepts online graduate school applications at http://admissions.msu.edu/graduate.asp.
- Applications for Graduate Assistant positions and for admission to graduate school are separate, however, applications should be submitted at the same time. Applicants are advised to check their graduate program for important deadlines.
- Typically, offers for Graduate Assistant positions are conditional and made prior to acceptance into a graduate program.
- Graduate Assistants must maintain a 3.0 grade point average throughout their appointment.
- All Graduate Assistants are responsible for the balance of their tuition and fees after all compensation and benefits are applied. For more information, visit the MSU Controller's web site.
- For more information about MSU Graduate Assistantships, click here for the GA Brochure.
NOTE: Some programs charge an additional fee that they add into the base MSU tuition rate. This fee is not covered by the assistantship.
Graduate Assistant Applicants must submit this information:
*Job Profile and Questions in eRezlife
*Provide one name and email address for one reference. The person you indicate will be sent an email asking them to upload a letter on your behalf. (If the reference does not submit their reference on time, we will still consider your application).
- Brody Neighborhood
- North Neighborhood
- East Neighborhood
- River Trail Neighborhood
- South Neighborhood
- Campus Life
- International Students
- Parents and Families
- Social Responsibility